Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day

We had a great Memorial Day. Bret rode horses that morning with a few of his friends, while Emmett and I went running. It's funny how some days I can run for hours and then the next day 3 miles does me in. I don't mind pushing Emmett in the running stroller, but for some reason he doesn't enjoy it that much. I wish somebody would put me in a big stroller and push me through town.

We went to my mom's house for a quick visit and then dinner with Emily and Shayne at Zupas. Ahhhh I love Zupas. We also made a visit at the cemetery to see my Dad's and Joey's gravestones. Joey was very popular that day and had lots of flowers, which doesn't surprise me at all. I love the picture of Emmett with my dad's headstone. It makes me wish he was still here to see Emmett and all the other grandkids. He was alive to see Kelsey, Hailey, Cody, and Andrew and he loved them. He would tell us to not come visit him without bringing the babies. I have a few pictures of my dad in our house and Emmett likes to look at them, and he says "Grandpa". He also calls Bret's dad "Grandpa" and called some guy in IFA "Grandpa". All 3 men looked very similar :)





Carly was helping Emmett walk in the thick grass. He fell and she tried to pick him back up and said, "It's ok Emmett. I'll help you" She's a sweetheart.

"Car...Car...Car" The words I hear every time we step outside.

1 comment:

  1. Your little guy is getting so big and handsome! Funny I thought of Joey as well on memorial day! He is greatly missed! Hope u r well...

    ReplyDelete