Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thank you

Emmett has been really sick the past few days. We've been lucky because he hasn't been too sick his first year. He woke up at 5:00am with his eyes glued shut from all the drainage, and so I put a warm wash cloth on his eyes and gave him a bottle. After he drank his bottle he threw it up all over me. My motherly instincts kicked in and I just held him close as he threw up over and over. My children will probably be the only people who can throw up on me without myself getting sick. It's been an awful day and I'm starting to not feel so well myself. Anyways my favorite part of the day was when Bret and I were cleaning up Emmett and changing sheets, Emmett kept saying, "thank you" over and over. He is so polite. He says "please" when he wants something and anytime you give him something he says "thank you". Sometimes he even says "thank you" when he gives you something. I just thought it was so neat that he was thanking me when I hadn't given him a tangible object. What a great baby. He makes me so happy!

I also took him to his 15 month check up and he weighs 22lbs (16%) and 32 inches tall (78%) Tall and skinny. Also Dr. Taylor said most 15 month old babies say about 4 words and including his sign language he says 32!!! Makes a mom proud :)

2 comments:

  1. K, I think he might be smarter than Miles!!! Hang in there, you are an awesome mom and you have the most adorable child. I love his polite manners. I also love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have a blog! It's nice to know we can stay updated on what you are up to! Emmet is growing up so big. He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete