Thursday, April 22, 2010

Baby Halle

Jill had her baby Sunday April 18th. We didn't know if it was a boy or girl until we arrived to see her. I thought it was a girl all along, and then the last two weeks I changed to boy! Always follow your gut instincts. She is absolutely beautiful. I forget how little babies are, probably because I still think Emmett is a baby and he's not. They named her Halle Erickson. She has lots of dark hair and looks a lot like Carly's baby pictures.

I just love her. I've visited her every day since she was born...maybe I've out worn my welcome or maybe I'm baby hungry. Hmm... Emmett is a handful lately. I need more time! He sure loved Halle though. He kept saying "baby" and he'd make the sign for baby. He'd look at her and then start giggling, it was so CUTE! He must have thought she was funny because he laughed at her for a several minutes. Maybe he remembered her from heaven.

Speaking of Emmett I wanted to document all of his progress. So unless you're family/grandma/favorite aunt(Emily, Natalie, Jill...you three all claim to be the favorite) you can skip this part:

Emmett says the following words:
mommy
daddy
ball
bye-bye
please
more
bird
deer
thank you
pooh bear (We call his Winnie The Pooh stuffed animal "Pooh Bear" and he says it but sometimes he mixes up the words and says "Bear Pooh". So cute!!
Jesus
Grandpa
cracker
baby
book
"NO"
shoe
two
three
push

He knows what the following animals say: Dog, Cat, Horse, Chicken, Duck, Cow

He knows how to sign: More, Drink, All Done, Please, Book, Baby


Here are some pictures of our latest adventures


Notice the matching purses!


Brinley & Austin came over to play. Emmett loves them.






Did I mention we love puzzles. Puzzles are my secret talent, I should be entered into competitions to make some extra cash. Is there such a thing, competitive puzzling???



1 comment:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see Emmett this weekend. I can't believe how many things he can say now, He is very smart! It looks like his hair is getting lighter it's fun to see. Ashlyn's hair looks like we colored it brown and now her roots are growing out, It is so funny!

    ReplyDelete