Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Mt Nebo Half Marathon

My friend Karen Matsuoka came over two weeks ago and she mentioned she was running the Mt Nebo Half, and invited me to run it with her. She ran a 1:42:00 at hobble creek a few weeks ago, so I knew it'd be hard for me to keep up with her but thought I better at least try. My best half marathon time was 1:41:37 back in 2007 at hobble creek. This race was downhilll and I mean downhill. It completely beat up my legs and I've never been this sore before..even after a full marathon. I ended up finishing at 1:36:02 and couldn't be happier. I crushed my best time by 5 1/2 minutes. Our fastest mile was 6:20 and our slowest was around 7:50 and our average pace ended up being 7:20. We were hauling butt. I finsihed and felt like I still had more left in me. I guess those sprints I've been doing weekly all summer have paid off. This is a fantastic race and well organized. They did mix up my bib number with another girl but I've emailed them and they're getting it fixed. I will be running this race next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment