Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Nana

My Grandma (Nana) had a stroke last Thursday. She's doing great now but it was pretty scary. She's 91 years old and in really good health. She's a very busy woman. She goes to senior citizens, PW (presbyterian woman), church, goes to REAMS grocery store daily, drives herself to get her hair/nails done, attends all family gatherings, works in the yard, the list goes on... My mom was telling us the story of when it happened, and they were in walmart and she saw my grandma start to fall. She caught her and immediately know what had happened. My mom yelled for somebody to call 911 and they sat her in a chair. My Grandma said she didn't feel anything coming on and she remembers it all. She said she remembers trying to tell my mom something but her words came out slurred. I asked my Grandma if she remembered what she was trying to tell my mom and my Grandma said, "Ohhhh I don't rememeber. I was probably trying to tell her not to call 911." So typical...Nana won't make a peep if anything is wrong with her and doesn't like the attention. I just loved her response! Luckily though they got her to hospital very quickly, which helped cause less damage to her brain. I'm very thankful my mom was with her when it happened. I sure love Nana and would like to keep her around as long as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment