Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baby Blanket, 33 weeks

This is what I see when I'm sewing. It scares me having him that close cause I have to constantly remind him to not touch, but its really cute. He always comes up and says, "ohhhh wowww".
Here is the neutral baby blanket that turned out completely girly. I love it and its the first quilt I had professionally quilted. I want to learn how to hand quilt one day. Bret's grandma was really good at hand quilting, and made blankets for all of her grandkids. The one Bret received looked like it was done by a machine...its perfect. She was excellent!! We always talked about going down to Fredona to have her show me how she does it or just watch her, and now we regret not going. She passed away a few years ago. My mom can hand quilt and she does good too. Anyways if this baby is a boy then I'll just hold onto this quilt until my girl comes. I'm sure she'll come one day...right???

Little peak at the back.

33 weeks

Random pic of Emmett and Max. Max is a chunky kid. I could just squeeze his chubby bum all day. They are going to be the best of friends, Emily and I will make them be!!!
Pic of my man! He's such a great guy and works really hard. He's been working for UTA for about 5 months now and really likes it. He started working as a service employee and now is a TVT (transit vehicle technician). Emmett loves to be with Bret. They feed the horses together, work outside or in the garage together, wrestle, play farm, etc... all the boy stuff. I'm grateful Bret does those things because I don't think to very often. I spend more time cuddling Emmett, reading books, going for walks, coloring, etc... It's so important for kids to have a dad and a mom!

2 comments:

  1. love the post! the quilt turned out SO nice! great job! love emmett's lil eyes peekin through the gap there-- but yes, scary to have lil todds around those things. my MIL is working on a quilt right now and jae has to stay away.. constantly gotta watch him (or just take him downstairs). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a darling family! Can't wait to see your newest addition! Love the blanket too :)

    ReplyDelete