Friday, February 18, 2011

Emmett's 2nd Birthday

Emmett turned 2 on Feb 11th. We celebrated his birthday the Monday before since Bret had the night off , and we would be in Disneyland on his actual birthday. We had a family party and a lot of his cousins came. Our guest list included: Maughans, Ericksons, Hunsakers, Heltons, Jude, and Nana. He was spoiled as usual and loved the attention and gifts.

Presents: ELEPHANTS, trains, movies, bubbles, potty, clothes, etc...

Bret and I decorated his cake together. We've both become pros at drawing elephants. Emmett likes us to draw "big daddy elephants".


Cousins 2011

I love group pictures of all the cousins or friends. It'll be so fun to look back on in 20 years. I have a few from when I was a kid and its fun to guess who is who.
Emmett went to his 2 year check up and he's 25 lbs (19%) and 36.5 inches tall (96%). Tall and skinny. He loves elephants, rhinos, hippos (not just big gray animals), he also likes giraffes, zebras, horses, and cows. He loves the trains my mom and Nana gave him, and we gave him the train track. He sometimes get frustrated if his toys don't work right and throws them or/and himself on the ground. I've been trying to take the time to keep him calm and remind him to try again. Apprently, Bret was the same way as a kid and his mom helped him for a long time!!! He talks really well and we even have some conversations now. It's really fun! He's showing interest in the potty but I don't think he's quite there, but we will continue to work on it. He still takes a 2 hour nap and sleeps all night. He no longer has a bottle and he'll be moving into a big boy bed within the next month or so, to prepare for the new baby. Emmett is very tender hearted and doesn't like to be in trouble. Time out usually doesn't last very long and he's ready for a hug and says, "hold you" when he wants us to hold him. He randomly comes up to give me a kiss and sometimes softly holds my cheeks in his hands when he's talking to me. I think he holds my cheeks to make sure I'm looking right at him and giving him my full attention. We just love Emmett and he's the center of our world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment