Friday, June 18, 2010

Puerto Rico

We just got back from a family trip to Puerto Rico. Bret was working down there, and Emmett and I flew down and met him. Oh Boy...was I nervous to fly alone with Emmett for 8 hours. He did exceptionally well, which made me really happy. It was still a very long day for the both of us. It must be his age but everybody loves Emmett. Strangers go out of their way to wave/talk to him. Who doesn't love a baby? (is he a baby?) Anyways, this one lady stopped Bret and told him (in Spanish) that Emmett looks like he was painted. Ahhh, made me happy. He was painted, he's perfect.

We spent the majority of our time swimming or spending time on the beach. We didn't really have a strict schedule for site seeing, which was nice. We just hung out, shopped, ate, swam, etc... Bret did meet a lady from Spanish Fork who is living down there for a few years, and she took us to see some of the historical sites. She was really nice and we appreciated her spending the time to take us around. I know Puerto Rico is U.S. territory but its still a different country. I didn't feel safe there like I do in Utah. Not that Utah is (safe) but I was thankful Bret was always with me. We constantly had people asking us for money, and trying to sell Bret drugs. Lol.

Overall, it was a great experience and I'm thankful I was able to go. This was Emmett's first vacation, and it was a memorable one. Enjoy the pics below as it's not everyday I post pics of me in my bathing suit ;)
Emmett loved watching the planes. Too bad he didn't know or remember he was even on one.

Old San Juan, Puerto Rico
Iguana we saw sunbathing on the grass. He was huge!
Emmett's first time seeing the ocean
Studly
Lovin the sun

Can you spot the whitest family in Puerto Rico? It shouldn't be too difficult. Luckily we ended up coming home with a decent tan. (no sun burns...mission accomplished)
P.S. There is no point is doing your hair down there. It was so humid...I looked like a poodle the entire trip. I took two showers a day to try to make myself feel "unsticky" but it didn't work. I basically sweated for 5 days straight.








3 comments:

  1. Do you ever have people tell say that you and bret look alike? Because this whole time I thought Emmett looked like bret but in that picture with just you and emmett I thought, wow he looks just like amy, and then I thought, wait a sec, he looks like both of them. Anyways sorry for my rambling. Glad you guys had fun and got home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica, Yes, people always tell me and Bret that we look alike. We also get people telling us Emmett looks just like Bret and then somebody else says he looks just like me. I guess he's a pretty good mix of both of us. Hope to see you guys on the 4th? Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of your body right now! You look amazing...I never looked like that after a baby. Jealous for sure.
    I'm glad your trip went well. I want to hear all about it...I miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete