Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Jude


My mom is really sick right now. She's currently in ICU with Encephalitis, meningitis, and pneumonia. Sounds awful because it is awful. She was working in her yard last weekend and felt really dizzy and light-headed. She ended up having my grandma take her to the ER and she was anemic and needed a blood transfusion. They kept her over night and she's been diagnosed with the above viral infections and just developed pneumonia today. The doctors expect her to make a full recovery but didn't take away from the seriousness of her situation. She will likely have a long road to recovery. Luckily it doesn't take something like this to make me reflect on how much I love my mom. I already know how much I love and need her. I think about her every call, call her everyday (several times a day), text her, email her, and see her most days. She is a best friend to me and somebody I can always count on. We are having a fast for her tomorrow, and please keep her in your prayers.
P.S. She wants to be called Jude rather then Judy. This just started a few weeks ago :)

2 comments:

  1. That is really scary Amy, I hope she is okay. All three of those things are scary just by themselves, let alone all together. Hope she makes a swift recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of your mom. That is very scary. I hope she recovers soon and stay positive Amy. You guys are such a great family, she is lucky to have all of you and your support. Good luck Jude!

    ReplyDelete