Thursday, December 27, 2012

Larry Evans

I probably haven't mentioned how much I love this man. Larry and I have been running together since 2003 and we've run 6 marathons together. He's the most dedicated runner I've ever met. Larry runs 6 days a week and is in phenomenal shape. He just celebrated his 60th birthday. Infact, the first picture below is when Em and I took him on a birthday run and had gifts and signs for him along the way. He is a wonderful friend and running buddy. We've had a lot of people join and drop out of our running group, but it's always me and him.

Nov 2012

St George 2009

About 4-5 years ago Larry donated one of his kidneys to a complete stranger. He said he didn't need it and somebody else did. How awesome is he? Earlier this month when I was having kidney problems from my exercise induced rhabdo, I jokingly texted him and told him I was going to need his other kidney. He wrote back and said, "there are only a few people I would give my other kidney to, and you're one of them." I just love him. We ran St George together this last October and we were at mile 7 and both feeling good and I looked over at him and thought....here we are again. There isn't anybody I'd rather be running with.

No comments:

Post a Comment