Tuesday, January 31, 2012

St George Half Marathon


Kurt Evans and I ran the St George half marathon together on Jan. 21st. He ran the full marathon in Oct and only ran twice before this race, a 3 and 5 miler. I've been running about 4 times a week but usually around 4-5 miles each day. I did run one 7 miler to make sure I was capable of running a little further and then we signed up and decided to give it our best. We ran the whole time but had a slow and steady pace. My legs got tight around mile 10 but my mind and energy level felt great. I just wasn't conditioned to run that far. We finished at 2:05, a 9:30 minute mile. I hadn't run more then 7 miles since I was pregnant with Adah. It felt great to get back into race mode. I want to run a PR (personal record) for my full marathont this year.
It was so fun running with Kurt. He's like a brother to me and we're great running partners. The time flew by and we both couldn't believe it was over so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment