Thursday, July 21, 2011

Nightmares

Emmett had his first nightmare last night. He ended up coming into my bed before it happened. He heard me up with the baby and wanted to lay down by me, which I let him do and he quickly fell asleep. About 30 minutes later he started screaming, it really scared me too. He said he was dreaming about spiders and snakes. I felt bad for him, I hope it doesn't happen too often. This happened about 3:00am and he didn't go back to sleep until 5:00am. Not because he was scared but because Bret and I tried to change the subject from the bad dream to happy things, and he got this burst of energy. It was a long night.

1 comment:

  1. That is so hard :( My little girl had nightmares/terrors starting at about 2 1/2. It was so hard because that is right when I had Isaac. Needless to say, we had a lot of sleepless nights. I think its a common age to have nightmares because their imagination is developing. You probably already do this, but I try not to let her watch anything that is even remotely scary, especially before bed. Hopefully it gets better :(

    ReplyDelete