Monday, October 11, 2010

Albrecht Baby #2

We are expecting our second baby around May 2, 2011. I'm 11 weeks today and feeling slightly better then the past 5 weeks. I've been unbelievably sick this time around. (people keep saying that maybe it means I'll have a girl but I think that whooohaa.) After constantly throwing up I decided to drive myself to the ER at 3:00am one night. Bret was hunting...the story of my life ;) My mom met me there and stayed with me while they gave me IV fluid and zofran. Zofran is normally a miracle drug but didn't touch me that night. I had 3-4 bad weeks of throwing up multiple times a day and needing IV fluids, and then about a week ago it started getting a little better. At this point I would say I'm nauseated all day but can keep food down. I also started running again this last week, which makes me happy :)

I went and saw Dr. Taylor today. He always compliments me on my running and good health, makes me feel good. We finally heard the heartbeat with the doppler, which is always a relief and made me cry. It took him a while to find it and he was going to order an ultrasound, but luckily we didn't need it. I love hearing the heartbeat for the first time or really anytime. It's one of the first bonding moments I have with my baby, and reality hits that there is a baby inside of me. Gives me a more positive outlook on morning sickness!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I'm so sorry you've been so sick though. I was so sick with both my kids and the only way I survived was taking Zofran twice a day. Two is really fun, it definitely takes adjustment for everyone but after the first couple of weeks it gets easier. Hope you get feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting, congrats! I hope you feel better fast! Barfing is NO fun! Keeps me from having more kids, lol! Zofran saved me, but only saved me from going to the ER. Zofran worked 2-3 days and then stopped, so that sucked. If you need anything, let me know! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is so exciting. Now that you guys are preggo and TR and Julie are preggo maybe that will make Justin want to jump on the bandwagon. Fingers crossed :) I'm sorry you have been so sick! Glad you are starting to feel better though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats...so excited for you. Bummer you haven't been feeling well. Hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a good mommy! I loved this post.
    Miss you...

    ReplyDelete